Happy Monday all my favorite followers! Are you ready to meet a new featured photographer?? Today we are going all the way to Washington state!! I met Amie when we were stationed at Ft. Meade in Maryland. You really can’t talk to this lady without instantly loving her! She is such a sweet person! God gave her so many talents that go far beyond being a photographer! I hope you enjoy this feature and if you are in the Seattle/Tacoma Washington area, please look her up!
Here’s what Amie has to say:
Hi all, I am Amie Brady of Amie Brady Photography. I am located in the SeaTac area of beautiful Washington and have been here for almost a year. It is beautiful and other than the rain I am falling in love! I am a wife of 13.5 years to a wonderful man who is in the military and together we have 5 boys, yep FIVE! Our life is crazy and not “normal” one bit with this crew and our busy military life but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA and love the east coast and we will definitely be settling there after my husband’s military career is over BUT for now I am enjoying the adventure of the Pacific Northwest and have loved exploring so far–there is so much to see!!
When did you first start your photography business?
- I first started doing photos for other people in June of 2008 but officially went in to business in early 2011. The 3 years between that time was really spent learning and growing and trying new things!!
What is your specialty?
- I love to say my focus is on newborns and for the most part newborns and babies are my thing but I do offer family sessions as well.
What do you shoot with and what’s your favorite lens?
- I shoot with a Canon 5d mark ii and my workhorse lens is the tamron 28-75 2.8 BUT my favorite was my 85mm–loved that thing!
What has been your biggest challenge?
- Moving every couple of years! We were in Texas when I first started doing pictures for other people and then moved to Maryland 2 years later. Business in Maryland took about a year to take off and I was so busy those next 3.5 years and I loved it!! It has been hard starting all over again in WA but I’m “trying” to be patient and it IS getting there!! I am busy enough for right now and enjoying it all!
Tell me about your favorite session?
- Honestly any newborn session that the baby SLEEPS so great and just lets me play, haha! I just love those sweet newborns and the ones that are peaceful and curly and looove their sleep are a dream to work with.
Do you have any advice for new photographers?
- Take your time, go slow, learn and grow! It is an amazing adventure–enjoy each step, even the ones that you feel like you are in a rut–I promise something good always comes out of it!!
If you are interested in being featured in Precious Stones Photography’s blog, please email me (Jamie) at email@example.com. I would love to hear from you!