Good morning my fellow blog followers and picture lovers! I hope you are all trying to put on that happy face on this wonderful Monday! Today’s featured photographer is another local photographer in the Killeen/Temple area. I love meeting new photographers in my area. My husband only pretends to understand me for so long…then I have to find another ear that will listen. 😉 You can never have too many photog friends! I just love her photos and I think you all will too!
Hey everyone! I’m Mary Ann, or MJ….I’m a wife, mama, dog-owner, cat-owner, and a goof ball. I feel so lucky to get to do what I love. I attended/graduated from Texas A&M University where I met my husband. We were both in the Corps of Cadets, since then he decided to go military, I did not. I then became an ETL for Target and eventually did some remodels for them. Once my daughter, Emma Lyn, was born, I decided I wanted to do something where I could stay at home. We were now in New York and working 50+ hours away from home, was not an option for me. My passion for photography developed and I started practicing every day. By the time we moved to Georgia, I decided to start my business. I am a year and half in and cannot believe I didn’t do it sooner! I love what I do and thank God everyday for leading me down this path.
When did you first start your photography business?
- I started August of 2014 at Fort Benning, Ga.
What is your specialty?
- I actually do not specialize. I really enjoy all aspects of photography, so I do them all, from weddings to newborns.
What do you shoot with and what’s your favorite lens?
- I shoot with a Canon 6D. My favorite lens is my 85mm
What has been your biggest challenge?
- I think like most army wives, it is moving. Every time we move, I have to reestablish myself and my business. Also it is balancing my business with my family. I am a workaholic at heart, so I have to make sure to set limits.
Tell me about your favorite session?
- This is a hard one! I really enjoy each one. But I think my favorite, was the session with the twin babies. It was such a learning experience to handle two babies and learn to pose the babies together.
Do you have any advice for new photographers?
- Do what you love and love what you do. Don’t settle. If you want something, go get it.
Isn’t this last photo just amazing? I feel like it should be a cover for some pregnancy magazine! 😉 If you’d like to check out more of Mary Ann’s work please check out her Facebook page and her website:
If you are in the JBLM Washington State area, check out Stephanie Ratto’s Facebook page. She took Mary Ann’s beautiful photo at the beginning! https://www.facebook.com/StephanieRattoPhoto/
Are you interested in being featured in Precious Stones Photography’s blog? If so, please email me at email@example.com. Have a wonderful week everyone!!
Your point of view caught my eye and was very interesting. Thanks. I have a question for you. https://accounts.binance.com/en/register-person?ref=P9L9FQKY